Monday, July 4, 2011

~my new favorite thing in the world~

Breaking news, guys: I have a sewing machine!

Well, it's not officially mine.... it was my mom's, then my grandmother's, and now it's mine, sort of. I mean, it's sitting on my desk now, and chances are that neither of them are going to use it again, which is great for me. The thing is, it's kind of old. I'm actually convinced that it's older than me. That puts it somewhere around the age of sixteen. So yeah, it's old, and its kind of beat up, but I can't help but love it. Let's see, today's Monday, and I got it on Saturday... so for the last two days, I've been a sewing fiend! I also discovered that the packrat tendencies I've had all my life are actually a good thing when it comes to sewing and DIYing (I'm not sure that's a word, but...) On Saturday, I attempted to make a shirt (it was a lot of hard work, and it doesn't look too bad for my first time, but it will not get worn very often, if at all...). Saturday night, after finishing the "shirt", I restyled a men's button-down shirt into a halter top (keep an eye out for my tutorial, coming soon). Then, on Sunday, I made my very first skirt! And, even better, it was wearable, and it looked good! I don't think I've ever been so proud of myself, honestly. The tutorial for the skirt is also coming... eventually. Finally, on Sunday night, I turned a pair of my old flare jeans into my very first pair of skinny jeans. Exciting, huh? So I've got four or five tutorials heading your way... I just get too excited and forget to take pictures at each step.

Until next time,
D.

PS: Oh, and here's a picture of my new baby.. he's an oldie but a goodie!(:


No comments:

Post a Comment